The decision to end a marriage is undoubtedly one of the most challenging life events and the stakes feel even higher when there are children in the family.
This course is right for you if you are:
- Preparing to divorce or separate from your partner.
- Have recently, or not so recently, separated or divorced and are concerned about the effect it may be having on your children.
- Are looking for strategies to make this big life change go as smoothly as possible.
- Going to co-parent your children (In situations where custody is in dispute, we recommend the involvement of a mediator, lawyer and/or counselor as appropriate)
The Parental Compass is a simple guide to help start the conversation with children about the things they see or do. If you haven’t taken our "Raising Resilient Kids: Intro to the Parental Compass" course, we suggest you do so to get a better understanding of how it works.
The Compass gives you a core, down to earth parenting approach and the confidence to manage and mediate the impact of a separation or divorce. It can also help guide you as you move forward as co-parents in your family’s new structure.
What Will I Learn?
- Information about divorce and the effect it may have on children.
- Strategies to help ease your child’s worries, make sense of troubling times and bond as a family.
- Activities you can do with your child to start a conversation about families and divorce.
- How to create a dynamic where your child will feel safe asking you questions and turning to you with their concerns.
- Self-care ideas to ensure you take care of yourself to be able to support your children.
- Tips on creating effective boundaries around co-parenting and new partners.
The good news about separation and divorce is that with your love and support, your kids can adapt to the changes in your family and develop into resilient, happy and healthy little people.
Supporting Kids Through Separation & DivorceLifetime access to this single course with a one-time payment.
All-Access PassFull access to all of our courses with a monthly subscription.
$12.00 / monthGet Started
All-Access PassBest Deal - Save 30% on our All-Access Pass to all courses with a yearly subscription
$99.00 / yearGet Started
- Effective Co-Parenting
- Time Capsule: Activity for Ages 3-9
- Staying Connected & Organized
- Dealing with Sadness & Conflict
- Making Time for Friends & Family
- Our Family Story: Activity for Ages 3-9
- Family Time: Activity for Ages 3-9
- Staying Positive & Supportive
- Bounceback Ball: Activity for Ages 3-9
- Let Go of Blame, Shame & Guilt
- Forgiveness Candle: Activity for Ages 3-9
- Closing Thoughts
Dr. Jillian Roberts